|Job Title:||SITE HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Christine Edwards|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
SITE HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
To £45000 + BENEFITS
Our client is a very successful precision machining company who supply a vast range of complex machined components to power generation, aerospace and industrial markets.
This is a stand-alone role and the Site H&S Advisor will be responsible for ensuring compliance of all activities in a manufacturing/engineering environment in line with current legislation and company policies.
- Take full ownership and management of the site Safety Management System
- Prepare Annual Plan for preventive actions in relation to safety at work, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, work health
- Work with Senior Management to ensure that all staff are fully trained to meet the requirements of their role; plan any training/safety campaigns
- Manage Occupational Health, First Aiders, Fire Marshalls
- Ensure all equipment is regularly inspected/maintained in accordance with guidelines
- Collate risk management reports; Risk Assessments, COSHH, PUWER/LOLER, Audits, Insurance. Predictive actions, Improvement actions, data analysis
- Carry out training for new starters and refresher training for existing staff
- Report and investigate accident and near misses, ensuring root cause is identified and that the corrective actions are implemented
- Manage sub-contractors and contractor control procedures
- Actively participate in Safety at Work Committees
- Act as point of contact with regulatory authorities/Insurers
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Experience in managing ISO 9001, ISO 140001 and OHSAS 18001
- IOSH membership
- Experience of leading H&S in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Experienced in root cause investigation, HSE Management systems and Auditing
- Experience of leading Safety Committees meetings and producing reports
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Able to perform well in a stand-alone role. A self-starter who is passionate, driven, and not afraid to challenge in a calm and mature manner.
Interested? APPLY NOW
** Please note our offices our closed due to COVID 19. If your application is successful, one of the recruitment team will be in touch to progress your application. **
PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICES ARE NOW CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT US, PLEASE DO SO VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.