Special Process Engineer
|Job Title:||Special Process Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + 10% ANNUAL BONUS|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 11:41|
Special Process Engineer - NADCAP
Do you have the knowledge required to control NDT, Heat Treatment and Chemical Processes in a NADCAP environment? Have you got previous exposure to all or even just 1 of these processes? Do you have experience implementing or adapting NADCAP processes?
An opportunity working within a low volume, high quality precision engineering organisation operating in the Aerospace sector has recently arisen. With increasingly high demands, national growth and a continuous strived for quality excellence, my client can offer scope for progression along with ongoing development opportunities.
Working on site for this globally recognised manufacturer based in Burnley, my client is looking to appoint a Special Process Engineer to ensure that NADCAP process standard are continually improved upon and to promote a proactive approach to Quality standards, testing and treatment procedures with view for continuous improvement.
Taking overall responsibility for the site NADCAP processes, you will take a hands-on approach along with overall technical responsibility for the NDT, Heat Treatment and Chemical Processes on site and the ongoing NADCAP compliance of the business along with ensuring consistent continuous improvement.
Within the role of Special Process Engineer, you will carry the following responsibilities:
* Customer Management: Deal with customer representatives on NPI, NCR and process concerns, including investigations on non-conformance and recommending corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Supplier Management: Deal with supplier representatives on special process concerns, including investigations on non-conformance and recommending corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Data Analysis: Data collection and subsequent analysis on reports is done in a timely manner.
* Reporting: Report weekly on Quality KPI for functional programme areas and report monthly to management team.
* Root Cause: Initiate and facilitate root cause and remedial action for relevant internal non-conformances and customer issues. Monitor and coordinate with the process area for actions.
* New Product Introduction: Actively support the programme and engineering teams on NPI programs relative to the process focus. Follow through the PPAP process and FMEA activities to ensure final process is adequately monitored and managed and reflects customer specifications.
* Quality Management System: Ensure through regular communication and audit the requirements in the quality management system are communicated and complied with. They play an integral role in ensuring process and procedures are complied with.
* Process Qualification and Validation: Prepare and maintain the qualification of internal special processes, and suppliers of special processes.
* Operator Qualification and Validation: Prepare and maintain the qualification of special processes operators.
* Internal Audit: Audit process and system within the manufacturing environment to ensure control and process adherence to NADCAP and customer requirements.
* External Audit: Support external NACAP audits and auditor management.
The successful Special Process Engineer will:
* 5 years' experience in a similar role at Tier 1 or above.
* Experience of working within an AS9100 environment and working within a NADCAP controlled environment.
* Relevant experience working within a Customer specific environment e.g. Safran, Airbus, Rolls Royce or Spirit.
* The Special Process Engineer must have first-hand, direct hands on experience and expertise using, managing and promoting at least 1 of the following NADCAP areas.
o None Destructive Testing (FPI minimum)
o Chemical Treatments
o Heat Treatment of Metallic Products Quality Skills
* Interpretation of Engineering Definitions, external Standards and Inspection of Final Product.
* Creation of internal standards, SOP, methods and procedures management.
* Delivery and analysis of SPC.
* Coordination and delivery of RCCA after supplier, internal and external conformance issues.
* Detailed information management and data analysis and coordination and delivery of process improvement.
* Coordination and delivery of non-conformance reduction and participate in product improvement.
* Experience of using key quality tools including problem solving techniques (i.e. PFMEA, SPC 8D, 6 Sigma, etc) is an advantage
Although this is a Quality Engineering bias role, we would be interested in seeing applications from other engineering skill-sets who hold the relevant special process knowledge, i.e. Manufacturing/Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Materials Engineer/Metallurgist, etc.
* A competitive Salary of up to £30,000 - £35,000
* 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
* Early finish Friday
* Market leading pension scheme (Very competitive)
* Discretionary bonus based on site performance up to 10%
Interested? Click 'apply' without delay.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's