|Job Title:||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Supplier Quality Engineer
£35,000 - £38,000 DOE
I am working with a unique client who is keen to recruit the rising star of the Supplier Quality department. Reporting directly to the UK Supplier Quality Manager, the main purpose of this role is to ensure our supplier's products and processes meet the company's quality and technical specifications. You will go on regular visits to the suppliers to audit, support, train and actively promote continuous improvement activities to ensure product quality is advancing.
Solid networking and communication skills are imperative to be a success in this role.
Working in a manufacturing assembly and precision engineering environment, you will be expected to complete such tasks as the following:
The role responsibilities include:
- Develop supplier relationships, interact face to face with suppliers for prompt 8D closure, resolution of problems, timely PPAP responses.
- Manage the audits and visit schedules. As a UK Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be out visiting suppliers 60% of the time, and promptly writing up audit/visit reports within three working days.
- Ensure that compliance of the purchased products is assured through PPAP/FAI processes.
- Compliance to Supplier Improvement Plan schedule at suppliers, adjusting frequency to suit business needs i.e., 8D/audit/vendor rating, etc.
- Be a key support to the UK Supplier Quality Manager in driving through supplier problem resolution and act as deputy when requested.
- The role expects the UK Supplier Quality Engineer to operate with minimum supervision and has full autonomy to drive the day-to-day activities to closure to meet customer and internal expectations.
- Experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Good understanding of Management Systems such as ISO9001.
- A detailed understanding and knowledge of Quality tools and techniques, such as: SPC, FMEA, trials, audits, PPAR, ISIR, problem solving tools, control plans, and 5s.
- Excellent ability to manage and lead improvement plans with suppliers to conclusion.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills - to support problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
Those interested must forward their CV and covering letter directly to email@example.com
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.