|Job Title:||Technical Author|
|Salary:||Up to £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Harriet Crawford|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2020 13:13|
up to £40,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Techncial Author to join a leading manufacturer at their site based in Preston.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working closely with multiple functions within R&D, the Technical Author will support a volume of projects from minor product updates through to significant and technologically advanced new product introductions.
Responsibilities for the Techncial Author include:
- Development of the products and co-ordination of individual projects to deliver to agreed Product Roadmaps and approved SOR's, in consultation with other internal departments including Product Management, Production, Quality and external technology partners.
- Compiling Documentation manuals for user and Installation.
- Responsible for the allocation of resources to projects and Engineering change, within agreed project and budget programme.
- Manage and develop a team including, PDRs, IDPs, succession planning and discipline, to co-ordinate and deliver objectives successfully.
- Development of good working relationships with functional managers to secure cross-functional resources, and ensure robust processes are in place, to deliver NPD projects to UK and International markets.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and communication of cross functional teams within the organisation to manage key project deliverables and report on progress.
- To provide technical leadership and support to all team members within specified projects, with effective use of internal and external resource, providing innovative solutions.
- To effectively Resource plan technical design activities, projects and change to meet agreed time, cost, specification and reliability.
Requirements of the Techncial Author include:
- To ensure that projects comply with current legislation, Health and Safety regulations, Building/Water Regulations, Company ISO 9001/14001 Systems and strict compliance with R&D Reliability and Document Control best practice.
- To ensure that projects adhere to company, New Product Development, Engineering Change and Project Management processes.
- Must be fully conversant with product standards and legislation requirements, with knowledge of AutoCAD and Design management, FrameMaker.
- Strong Engineering background in product design, in preferably one of the following areas: HVAC/renewable Energy/Energy production and-or storage technology, Thermal and fluid dynamics or consumer products.
- A working knowledge in product approvals, legislation and technical files (DOC/CE) for specific markets is key to being successful in this role.
- A working knowledge and experience of, development and change processes, to implement effective product launches and product changes.
Interviews will be taking place next week, click 'APPLY' NOW!!
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's