Technical Director - Manufacturing
|Job Title:||Technical Director - Manufacturing|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS, CAR, PENSION AND MORE|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sabatina-Fraiser|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2018 15:42|
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - MANUFACTURING
SUPERB SALARY + BONUS + CAR + PENSION (UP TO 10%) + MUCH MORE
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager who wants that next step or for an established Technical Director looking to develop their career with a well-known, global business.
This company is a world leader who specialise in product innovation within the energy sector and they are now looking for someone who can really drive the vision and strategy to deliver continued profitable growth.
As part of the leadership team, you will be responsible for the overall strategy and direction of the Company across business functions.
In the role of Technical Director, your responsibilities will be to:
- Define R&D & Product Development strategy; identify and develop products for new markets.
- Oversee product testing to ensure that all products meet quality, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Manage all IP, Patents and designs.
- Manage BOMs and ensure that product and engineering changes are processed in accordance with the QMS.
- Manage all regulatory, quality and compliance requirements and ensure documentation is up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Lead the Technical team by inspiring and motivating. Ensure personal development training plans are in place.
- Provide Engineering and Technical support across the business - Operations, Procurement, Finance, Marketing and Commercial.
- Report on the status of NPI and research projects at senior management and Divisional Group meetings as required.
- Manage the NPI process and prepare information for gate reviews and capex approvals in accordance with business strategy.
- Represent company on trade and regulatory bodies, both nationally and internationally.
- Support Operations and Procurement to drive Lean and continuous improvement both internally and externally through Supply Chain.
- Liaise with customers, commercial and marketing to establish and maintain Product and Technology Roadmaps.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering or Design related discipline.
- Experience of Plastics, polymers or composites is advantageous.
- Be financially and commercially skilled in budget management / control.
- Have a track record of leading multi-discipline teams to deliver NPI programmes on time and within budget.
- Be practical, hands on with a 'can do' attitude.
- Promote a teamwork culture and build effective relationships across the business.
- Understand customer needs and be able to turn requirements into innovative strategic solutions.
- Identify and lead change and continuous improvement.
- Be a self-starter with excellent leadership skills.
- Be flexible to travel internationally.
- Excellent Salary.
- 20% bonus.
- Company car.
- Share Options.
- Pension - up to 10% matched.
- Private Healthcare.
- Death in Service - 4 x salary.
Interested??? Please click 'apply now' to send your CV straight through or call 0151 480 2300:
Morgan Ryder Associates
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manufacturing Shift Manager
Manufacturing Shift Engineer
Manufacturing Shift Engineer
Quality Inspection and Systems Coordinator
Ashton-in-Makerfield, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £30000 per annum
Quality Compliance Manager
Mirfield, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum