|Job Title:||Warranty Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McDonough|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2019 11:51|
The undisputed technology leader in its sector with a portfolio of over 250 patents worldwide and an R&D engineering team of more than 135 associates. My clients corporate culture fosters innovation and continuous product and process improvement, enabling them to remain at the fore front of their industry.
The objective of the role is to record warranty issues and complaints, provide detailed analysis and reports on claims and failures as well as to provide co-ordination and support for field trials and liaise with customers on issues and complaints Co-ordinate the Corrective Action activities
Full responsibilities include:
- To maintain and monitor a database of warranty information, recording all relevant details of field failures.
- To conduct suitable investigations.
- To Problem solve on production processes -8D Process
- To produce detailed reports on all company warranty claims and implement corrective actions.
- To visit both UK based and overseas customers and manufacturing locations.
- To provide warranty support to Commercial (warranty cost agreements).
- To liaise with Purchasing, develop a process for warranty cost recovery from suppliers based on formal agreements.
- To liaise with other departments (i.e. buying or applications) to ensure that failing components, suppliers or sub-contractors are aware of their shortcomings.
- To provide written communication of results from regular monitoring and feedback to cross functional teams or other relevant departments.
- To Fault find on field failures, establishing root causes and implementing corrective actions
- Promote good team working practice at all times.
- Participate and actively support, as requested, any continuous improvement events or activities within the organisation.
- Create and maintain a 'can do' attitude which provides internal and external customers with an outstanding level of customer service.
- Liaise with Manager for any difficulties in actioning the above and agreeing a resolution.
- To liaise with all departments to co-ordinate the quarantine/re-direction/re-work of non-conforming stock held at Truck-Lite and/or with the customer or supplier.
- To provide 8D reports to customers, with details of remedial actions provided by cross-functional teams.
- Electrical / Electronic appreciation
- Microsoft office
- QM system exposure
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- 8D /5Y/FMEA
- Customer facing capabilities
- Turnover $£38m
- Manufacturing, Moulding, Assembly, Distribution Centre - Automotive
- In-house laboratory, NDT environmental testing.
- In-house Design Engineering and NPI Project teams.
- In-house wiring harness assembly which gives advantages over competitors.
Those interested must click apply without delay or contact Sharon McDonough at Morgan Ryder
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's